I am 20 years old, and I have a boyfriend. We're good friends and like each other a lot, but we know this relationship will never work out because of various family differences. Ours is a long distance relationship, and we never fight. But when we meet, he is not that likable. He is always indecisive about things, very fickle minded, and ALWAYS insults me; telling me I have bad breath.
None of my friends like him; they say he isn't the right one for me. But I continue being in this relationship because I don't want to break the trust he has in me.
I met this other guy, who is slowly becoming a good friend of mine. He asked me if I was seeing someone and I said NO because I didn't want to explain my complicated relationship to him. Do I tell him about my boyfriend; because recently his behavior seems to hint at him liking me.
How do I tell my boyfriend that we can remain friends, but I cannot be in this relationship any longer?
- Princess4evr, it is okay to feel confused when dealing with a relationship.
- Ending your relationship could affect your friendship with your boyfriend.
- If you are considering getting into a new relationship with your new friend, remember that the grass is not always greener on the other side.
- Consider what being in a happy and healthy relationship would be like to you.
- Make sure you break off the current relationship before you start a new one. From your story, it seems that you know the current relationship is not really a good fit for you. Especially, if you are being insulted or put down, you should find someone who can respect you and you and respect them.