I have a problem. I have cut myself since the 7th grade, and recently I have had urges to make myself vomit. I'm worthless, stupid, ugly, and I don't deserve the life I have.
- megnito, you are not alone with this, because people from different ages feel this way.
- First of all, congratulations on acknowledging that you have a problem, because there are people out there with severe conditions that think that what they do is right for their body. You just took a huge step toward your well-being!
- Now that you have said you have a problem, you helped create hope for you. Try to look at videos of people who have eating disorders and try to learn about what they suffer each day. It may help you see that vomiting is destructive.
- You mentioned that you have cut yourself since the 7th grade, and this can be very habit-forming, because it feels good to let out something from the pain. To help replace the cutting with behavior that leaves no permanent scars, you can try drawing on yourself. It may help give the sensation of something pressed to your skin, but have none of those negative outcomes.
- You can also try placing lot of rubber bands around the wrist up to the arm if it can help you avoid cutting. You may even use the rubber band to snap it against the skin.
- Just so you know, it is okay to feel that you are not smart or ugly, because they can be part of the stress that have grown so big that it messes with the head.
- To help avoid stress making you feel this way, you can try painting, writing stories, watching funny shows, going outside to play or relax, or you can listen to music that can help express your emotions. By doing something that shows that you are stressed, it may help you feel more human and have better control of it.
- Another suggestion is that beauty is subjective, which means that in every country, what is beautiful is different. Try to find what you have that you like and try to keep focused on improving your personality, not physical. There are some beautiful people out there that are ugly inside, so personality can help you shine.
- When you feel that your personality is somewhat strong, then you can use clothes or makeup to accentuate your personality, not to replace it. Improvement is good as long as you feel that you are true to yourself.
- Also, there are many teens out there who feel just like you and adults even feel this, because it is part of life to question each other. Try to see that common thing as a way to improve, but not as a way to destroy yourself. Be your best!
- Another way to help you think positive of yourself is if you try to see what other people out there have the same problems as you, so that you are not alone and try to find inspirational quotes that can help you see that beauty is truly beautiful on the inside.